Do you want to develop your professional and get more job offers? Do you want to be a designer and grow even further with regular projects? Are you looking for a new career and a new client? It is important to grow your online portfolio as a UX designer. Your online portfolio can bring in more prospective clients and lead to more valuable jobs for you. We are going to show what you need to include in your design portfolio.
What are the UI portfolio and the UX portfolio?
A portfolio is a collection of works that represent your professional ability. If you have several work samples, you can put them together on a website. However, if you specialize in a particular area, your portfolio should especially highlight that area of expertise.
Show the way you work
The final product or the UX design process. Which one is more important? In your design portfolio, you also show how you come up with solutions besides showing the projects. You also show the prospective client the way you approach challenges, problems, and design processes. In UI/UX design, the ability to solve problems is also one of the valuable abilities.
What to add to a UX design portfolio?
- Your projects solve the client’s problems, such as the low number of inquiries, low registration rate, shopping cart abandonment, and so on.
- How to analyze customer’s needs, competition, product strategy and transform them into the project
- A detailed explanation for choosing the methods and elements
What to add in a UI portfolio
- How design correspond with information architecture
- What is the reason for applying the solution, and how did they work in practice?
- How do you solve problems such as scaling and fitting the design to the mobile version?
- Other things to show such as past projects, interaction design, case study
You can put the project with the “before” and “after” comparisons to show your abilities. With this approach, the client will learn the context of the project while checking your UX/UI portfolio. They can have a better assessment of the quality of the work.
If possible, include a brief or summary to show what kinds of problems you had to deal with. Another important element of the portfolio is statistics to show the achievements of your UI/UX project. For example, the numbers of visitors, registrations. The evidence to show that your designs improve.
Your secret trick
Use your UX design knowledge to build your UX /UI design portfolio. Just like you tell a story with design and lead the user to a certain page. Then perform specialist actions on the page. You can apply it to your portfolio. Once you let your design tell the story, show the experience and knowledge behind them. Add a few more details to convince the undecided client.
- Acquired relevant skills and specific skills
- Program and technologies which you work
- If you do the project remotely, show how the way of communication and organizing work
- You can also show other details such as design styles, graphic design, web design, and creative work
UX and UI design mean the comprehensive work on landing pages of the website, every button, and every detail. Apart from the design should be user-friendly, the design must lead the user to the place intended by the designer. Then persuade the user to perform a certain action. In addition, UI and UX design must refer to the visual design of the company.
Not all the work can be in your portfolio. Try to show the best projects that you are most proud of, such as the appearance of the user panel, the appearance of the purchase summary, and the website. Even the subpage that has an actual impact on the conversion rate will work here as well. Let your personality shine and leave a positive impression. The most important thing to remember is that your portfolio demonstrates your work and your design skills.